Creative opportunities to work with us
We’ve got lots of exciting Age-friendly Sheffield plans taking place between November 2021- March 2022 and we’re really pleased to have some opportunities for creative freelancers to support us with this work.
If you are interested in any of the below opportunities, please contact us with your availability, day rate and answers to the below questions by 5pm, Monday 8 November. Emails to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The main freelance opportunities include:
- Profile copywriting about our Age-friendly Sheffield Ambassadors and Champions (approximately 5 days work)
This will involve interviewing a variety of people and turning their words into engaging pieces of content to share in different ways (website content, print, social media graphics). We’ll provide a photographer to join you to capture images to go with this work.
- Event planning for a series of end-of-programme events (approximately 20 days work)
This will involve working with the team here at Age-friendly Sheffield/South Yorkshire Housing Association, to help organise and deliver a series of celebratory events as well as capturing and creating content to be shared at them.
- Working with the Toolkit Officer to help co-design an Age-friendly Neighbourhood Toolkit in Woodhouse (approximately 15 days work)
This will involve meeting with the people, projects, businesses and services that call Woodhouse home. You’ll help find out what matters to local people, what they need to grow their sense of belonging and connection with the area, and you’ll learn more about people’s perspectives of Age-friendly Sheffield. You’ll capture this information by attending local sessions, exploring community spaces (in person and online) and embracing creative methods. The final aim is to contribute towards a physical ‘Toolkit’ that will be posted through 10,000 letterboxes.
We may also have some more opportunities to share in the coming weeks. If any of the above interests you, please send us a short email (no more than 500 words) with the following information:
- Why are you keen to join us on our Age-friendly Sheffield journey?
- Your availability (days each week) between now and the end of March 2022.
- Your experience working on similar projects or with similar organisations (including examples of your work if you have any).
- Whether you would be able to support us with all the freelance opportunities or just specific parts of the project.
- What your day rate is.
The deadline for submitting your interest is Monday 8 November at 5pm. We believe that difference makes us better, and that our services are made stronger by diversity. We encourage and welcome applications from all backgrounds.
We are excited to hear from you.
To learn more about Age-friendly Sheffield, please visit www.agefriendlysheffield.org.uk